Everyone wants a good marriage, but good marriages take work. Sometimes a couple can use the help of another couple who is a little further down the road. That’s what Marriage Mentoring is all about. Marriage Mentoring pairs a couple who wants to make their marriage better with a couple who will walk with them through that process.
Cost: $150 per couple. Contact the Counseling Ministry for information, 706.922.7041
Who is it for?
- Any couple experiencing difficulties in their marriage and wanting to make their marriage better
- Any couple who has a good marriage and wants to make it even better
What do you have to do?
- Commit to meet regularly with a mentor couple; (usually weekly)
- Complete regular assignments in the mentoring workbook and journal
- Commit to be faithful to each other, to the process and to God…even when tempted to do otherwise
How long will it take?
- The actual amount of time will depend on the issues being resolved and the commitment of the couple. The process could take between 6 and 18 months.
- Progress will be evaluated after the first 60 days and again after another 30-45 days.
What does it cost?
- Mentee couples will be asked to pay $150 to cover the cost of the online couple assessment and mentoring materials used.
- Couples who can’t pay the $150 fee will be assessed on an individual basis and if the need is deemed legitimate, they will be asked to pay a lesser amount.
How do you get started?
- Email Susan Cady, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706.922.7041
- Susan will have the Marriage Mentor Coordinators contact you to arrange a meeting.
- The Marriage Mentor Coordinators will meet with you and match you with a mentor couple.
- You will meet with the mentor couple, and if everyone feels like it’s a good fit, you will make the commitment to proceed with mentoring.